Our Preschool Curriculum includes two programmes which we run alternately each year for the 2-5 year old groups namely; Step-by-Step ECD Curriculum by Judi Carnegie and YWAM's Biblical Foundation for Early Development. Our Grade 0's, however, solely use the School of Tomorow's Preschool with Ace and Christi Programme.
Judi carnegie wrote, designed and tested the Step by Step ECD Curriculum over a ten year period. This curriculum is used in South Africa and throughout Africa fifteen years later continues to step ahead.
A Biblical Foundation for Early Childhood Education, created to speak to the heart of a young child, was published by YWAM's University of the Nations. The aim is to:
· Nurture a young child’s relationship with God
· Instill Biblical values deeply into a child’s heart
· Build a Biblical foundation precept by precept
· Create an environment where children are loved and valued
Accelerated Christian Education’s learning-to-read program is called Preschool with Ace and Christi. This is a multisensory, phonetic program, designed to prepare a child for the individualized instruction of the A.C.E. program. This learning-to-read program should be attempted only after a child has been diagnosed “ready to read” using the Ace and Christi Reading Readiness Test. Within a period of 12 to 15 weeks, he will become acquainted with phonics through animals, songs, and stories. These features will help him learn and associate letter sounds, alphabet sequence, and word relationships. Additional activities have also been designed to help the student in his physical and character development.
Preschool with Ace and Christi utilizes a number of outstanding reading tools, such as a specially developed alphabet sequence, songs for each of the sounds, poems, displays, and physical activities. Additionally, character development activities and Bible stories are built in. The program is designed to be used in conjunction with Word Building PACEs 1001-1012, Math PACEs 1001-1003, Animal Science PACEs 1001-1012, and Bible Reading PACEs 1001-1012.
· Reading Readiness Test
· Specially developed alphabet sequence
· Songs for each of the sounds
· Poems, displays, and physical activities
· Post Test
· Review Manual
· Prepares your child for success in the Accelerated Christian Education PACE curriculum
· Enables your child to develop the skills, master the concepts, and achieve the level of physical development necessary for success in reading
· Lays a solid foundation on which to build the rest of your child’s education
· Saves preparation time
· Permits more efficient use of the teacher’s energy in interaction with your child
Read more on: www.aceministries.co.za